UFFCULME BOWLING CLUB NOW & THEN

If you are interested in joining Uffculme Bowling Club, a warm welcome awaits bowlers of all ages & abilities.

Guidance & coaching is available for all beginners

On 29 September 1911, forty people attended a meeting in the Old Sunday School, Uff­culme (now sadly demolished), and as a result of that meeting Uffculme Bowling Club was born. First bowling matches started in June 1912.

The Club moved to its present location in 1922 and since then has seen many improvements both to the green and club­house through the efforts of the members.

The Club has a reputation as one of the best and friendliest in the area. It is an active vil­lage club drawing its members from a wide area.

We offer all visitors a very warm welcome and can offer bowlers hospitality complete with a bar.

2012 Marked the Club’s hundred years since its formation. We are now looking forward to the Club prospering and growing in the coming years.

Uffculme Bowling Club Members back in 1912

Grants & Funding

Uffculme Bowling Club has been grateful over the past years to have received grants and funding for repair and maintenance work to the Clubhouse and grounds and for machinery to use for the maintenance and preparation of the green.

Uffculme Environmental Ltd

Kitchen refurbishment

March 2007.

Sport England

Green machinery

January 2013

Viridor Credits & Uffculme Parish Council

Extension to Clubhouse

October 2009

Uffculme Parish Council

Funding for new entrance doors and windows to Clubhouse

October 2014

Sport England National Lottery

Short mat equipment

October 2009

Viridor Credits Environmental Company

New Dennis Ultra Mower

September 2012

Viridor Credits Environmental Company

Partial re-roofing of Clubhouse

September 2012

Locality budget grant - DCC

partial funding of alteration work to front entrance gates to improve safety for users

February 2019